mercoledì 16 maggio 2012

The CRACK-Phone trap

WARNING N°1: It's pretty long, so take 5 minutes to read it
WARNING N°2: This post comes with additional multimedia content. Please see the multimedia content AFTER having read this post.
WARNING N°3: it may sound creepy, but it's not :)

A flash in the dark. Where am I?

My eyes, still dazed and confused by the recent sleep, are not yet able to see well. My migraine causes me dizzy spells. I'm slightly getting used to the light.

what do I see?

An I-Phone, 30cm away from me.

It suddenly starts vibrating: it's a call from my girlfriend. I can see her lovely face shown in the screen of the smartphone. I try to raise my arm to take it. But I can't.

I can't!

My arms are chained, and so are my legs. I can't stand up, I can only move my head up and down. What can I do?

The IPhone is still ringing. I can't answer! What can I do?
Suddenly, a Facebook notification arrives: I'm invited to an event, but I can't read properly.
Then, worst of the worse: a Twitter direct message, and a new follower: but who? WHO????

I'm crying at the moment: I can hear the phone ringing, vibrating and beeping, but I can't do anything to see what's the content of this surely NECESSARY and FOUNDAMENTAL notifications.

"Oh God, what have I done wrong? How can I survive? This is torture, Man, I don't deserve it! I beg you, please!"

From distance, I hear a voice coming from an old tape:
[SAW Voice] "Hello, human. You've been spending your whole life checking on your IPhone, looking for some useless notifications, tweeting the meaningless, and waiting for the calls that never come. Furthermore, you've DARED to play games, denying yourself from the pleasure of a normal chat. Now, I want to play a game with you: you have to stay awake for ten minutes, try to have a MEANINGFUL conversation with another human, without ever (EVER!) checking your mobile phone. If you can't, your IPhone will be self-destroyed by a final, definitive, Facebook notification. If you survive to it, you'll be reborn and still appreciate the social life. Live or die, make your choice"

And there was I. Alone. With no mobile phone. No, it was worse: I HAD the mobile phone, but I couldn't reach it.

A girl arrives and she starts talking. The countdown has started.

What am I gonna do?
What can I talk about?

"Hey baby, do you know that Apple is trying to deny Samsung to sell Smartphones in USA?"
"Do you know that Apple SIRI has a stunning 43.2 % of reliability?"

ARGH. This is not meaningful conversation.

ARGH. ARGH!

And then, it happened.

A last Facebook notification on my phone. The IPhone started beeping.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOM!

And it all ended. I fainted, and from then on I don't remember anything else.

The morale is:
Don't deny yourself the beautiness of real life social contact. Put the IPhone in the pocket, and start living.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento