It's a long time since I've not been writing on Facebook. I'm much more into Twitter now, with both my real identity and my fake (or more real, from a different point of view) one.
It's somehow funny to see that my ispiration in writing has decreased a lot ever since I got that awesome postcard which said that I had to never stop writing. Funny. As if my ispiration was urging from an inner insecurity to find a purpose, such as writing to express my feelings or to improve my skills. Now that I got a little (for the whole human kind), but a huge (for me) recognition, it seems that I've become complacent. Not that anyone cares, of course.
So, why am I writing this? Not to ask for recognition, but to think about one important thing. How many times did I say the word "I" in this post? And, for extension, in all my Facebook or Twitter statuses? Every time I did it (and that's another "I"), someone else probably said "Not that anyone cares".
So, I'm thinking about the real meaning of "social" network. What is it? What's the word "social"? It's just, in fact, a continuous highligth of the ego... It's all about "me, myself, and I"; my pictures, my videos, my thoughts. So, why do we care so much about privacy? Why do we complain is anyone steals our information? Was really this the purpose of social network? Or have they become an I-Network?
They're just a shopwindow in which the only product is our body (for particularly attractive people), our mind, our writing... everything of this is priced and valued in terms of Likes, Comments, Mentions and Retweets.
Ok, what was my point? I forgot. I, I, I simply forgot.
Let's grab some beer and get out of this. Sorry for bothering you!
Not that anyone cares. Of course.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento